Courtmacsherry Machinery Ltd.and Bennett Tractors Sales Ltd, hereinafter ‘The Company’.
1. The majority of the parts and vehicles sold from this establishment are second hand and are sold as seen. Whilst The Company wish to give good value to our customers we cannot guarantee each part to be absolutely perfect and this is reflected in our prices when they are compared to brand new items.
2. The Company will always try to supply the exact part that our customers require. Due to variations in make, model, design, and years of manufacture we cannot give any guarantee that any parts are correct for the purpose required. It will help if customers can bring a sample part for comparison, but all sales are made on a strict understanding that the customer is responsible for making sure that parts bought are correct for the purpose required. No parts are sold on a trial basis.
3. If a part purchased is not correct for the particular vehicle, The Company will attempt to replace the part with the correct one if returned within 7 working days including Saturday.
4. In the event a replacement cannot be supplied. If a replacement part cannot be supplied a full refund will be given within 7 working days including Saturday. Parts sent out with a courier are refunded minus the cost of the courier and handling 25%.
5. Replacement or refund will only be given with original receipt or invoice.
6. ECUs and electrical items such as dash clocks, relays, sensors and alternators etc are NOT REFUNDABLE as a result of potential damage caused by incorrect fitting or other faults in customer vehicles.
7. Payments can be made by Cash, Credit or Debit card, Sage Pay, Bank Draft or a Bank Transfer.
8. NOTICE: Engines & Gearboxes. Engines must be correctly fitted with new oil, filters, belts. It is recommended that in all gearboxes that the oil is changed.
9. The Company will not reimburse any labour costs involved with fitting, removal and /or changing of parts supplied by us under any circumstances.
10. Any part supplied by The Company that has been dismantled or tampered with in any way will not be refunded.
11. The Company cannot be held responsible for faults, damage, or losses caused by the fitting of parts not done by The Company.
12. Bearing in mind all parts are salvaged and the price is substantially less than new, we do not hold ourselves responsible if any vehicle is out of work whilst a part is being brought back for exchange.
13. All goods must be inspected upon delivery, goods signed for in good condition will not be refunded if later found damaged.
14. All goods should be inspected upon delivery before signing to ensure that the item has not been damaged during transit. If the goods prove to be damaged, do not sign, refuse delivery and contact The Company within one working day. This is to ensure that if necessary, a claim can be made against the courier company.
15. In the event that the delivery driver does not allow time to inspect the goods. Sign the Delivery Note to obtain them, but delete any wording in the signatures box to the effect that the goods were ‘’Received in good condition’’.
16. Please ensure all goods are checked thoroughly before being signed for. Refunds are not always possible for goods that have been damaged whilst in transit. The words unexamined or unchecked on the delivery note/docket are not acceptable.
17. We will not be held responsible for the refund of goods damaged in transit if they have been signed for as in good condition.
18. These terms of business are not intended to restrict your statutory rights or exclude any legal rights bestowed or implied by law.
19.Retension of title-
All goods are supplied to the customer by the company, not withstanding delivery and passing of risk, shall remain the property of the company until such time as the goods have been paid for in full by the customer.
Furthermore and in the event that the customer has not discharged the sums due the company in accordance with the terms here of the company reserves the right to attend the premises of the customer to recover all goods supplied to the customer to the valve of any amount remaining unpaid to the company. The customer irrevocably consents to the representative of the company entering its premises to recover the said goods. This clause shall bind the customer, its staff, agents and any receiver, Liquidator, Examiner or such person that may be appointed by the court.
20. The Purchaser is here reminded that the condition of the merchantable quality implied by Section 14(2) of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980does not apply in relation to any defects which such examination ought to reveal. Should the goods be sold subject to defects notified by The Company to the Purchaser before purchasing the condition of merchantable quality above referred to does not operate in relation to those defects. All statements, representations, conditions, or warranties as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for purpose whether expressed or implied by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
21. Purchasing or ordering any item will be interpreted as acceptance of these terms.